Objective: The objective is to develop a low-cost mechanical ventilator that can be mass-manufactured by the components available in India.
The product mentioned in the document is an invasive type mechanical ventilator capable of operating in pressure-controlled mode. Ventilator will be permanently connected to a mobile phone which will be used to control the device and display critical information. Device does not require any form of medical air, it is capable of operating on its own in ambient air. There is also a provision for attaching oxygen cylinder, when required.
The trigger for start of inhalation can be patient triggered or mechanical (forced). When operating in mechanically triggered mode, breathes per minute will be set by doctor while in patient triggered mode, there will be machine override in case BPM beyond specified limits. The ventilator will operate in timed cycle for all operating modes, where Ti/Te will be set by doctor. Multiple alarms are provided for min./ max. tidal volume, leaks, max. Pi etc.
Mechanical design: To create pressure a diaphragm air pump is used in a closed loop using pressure sensor and microcontroller to maintain required pressure. This will eliminate the requirement of any additional compressed air in the hospitals. Control valves are present at both intake of Oxygen supply port and at the end of the exhale tube adapter. HME will be attached to maintain inhale air humidity and prevent microbial infection. A safety pressure release valve will be attached to the main air supply line to prevent the over pressure.
- This design can also be used as a non-invasive ventilator.
- The design examined by experts, particularly clinicians who can give input. However, please contact the team before using it.
- This is a Modular design which can be customized as per the available components to ensure the production.
- Nocco Team: Nikhil Kurele, Harshit Rathore, Tushar Agarwal, Abhishek Kulkarni
- Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Twitter Contact: @abandopa , @caringindians
- Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UtENWnqmB5pHY_7ZywN4cMZ88YHzAvpr
- Invited to suggested further improvements in design